Adrenalin advances. Legs twitch. Thighs quiver like a marathon round of squats. Gut is fuzzy. Belly, gassy. Soul buzzed and burned. A dream-state of a near-death tunnel-of-darkness experience. Rest does not come. I am alone.
Consciousness in the continuum asserts. The tide ebbs and flows from high to low. The wind blows to relieve and equalize pressure. Natural negotiation supporting many landscapes and realities, seeking to find an uneasy truce. Comfort is close. I am not alone.
I’m out of memory. Phone buzzing alerts. Shit.
Repent. Reboot. Repeat.
I am now calm.
I am alive.
The view from MY bedroom. Cherish it. I decided to lift the blinds and blackout curtains this one time while I got rid of the AC, cleaned and danced and sang badly. I may keep this view through stormageddon 2016.
The following house rules have been amended. It’s a living document, much like the constitution. Original post: Who gets off the couch to get the next drink (or other)?
- The human with an animal on their lap trumps – the solo human gets the drinks
- If both humans have animals, the animal with the higher age trumps
- If both humans have animals, yet one animal has settled, and the other animal has not, the animal that has settled trumps
- If both humans have animals, yet one animal is under the covers, and the other is not, the animal under the covers trumps. If both are under the covers, age trumps, then house seniority.
- If one human has multiple animals, this trumps
- If both humans have multiple animals, the one with the animal of the highest house seniority trumps
Got my hat. Got my beer. Got my reserved adult only section seating. Got my airplanes. Can’t complain.
Longer legs and scores, featuring the signature “Sunnyside Stretch” this year
Counter-clockwise: Chives, spinach, carrots, red radish, mesclun greens, onion, icicle radish, and free spot to plant whatever does best in this year’s experiment! Oh and spuds will go in the corners.
Feeling sad that vacation is over!